Albert Einstein Facts | Facts about Albert Einstein: Albert Einstein was a German-born theoretical physicist. Einstein developed the theory of relativity, one of the two pillars of modern physics. Einstein’s work is also remembered for its influence on the philosophy of science. Here are few facts about Albert Einstein:
Albert Einstein Facts
- Albert Einstein thought himself an agnostic, not an atheist.
- Einstein Failed his University Entrance Exam and had to reapply a year later.
- Albert Einstein didn’t like to wear socks.
- Einstein, Henry Kissinger, Freud, and Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google, were all refugees.
- Albert Einstein denounced segregation, calling it a “disease of white people” and worked against racism in America.
- Einstein cheated on his wife, lowered her scientific accomplishments, and refused to help out around the house and made her sign a deal in which she would allow to leave the room or quit talking if he told her to.
Einstein Theory Facts
- Albert Einstein’s great breakthroughs came from visual experiments performed in his head rather than the lab.
- Einstein never gained a Nobel prize for relativity theory. It was actually for the photoelectric effect.
- When Einstein declared his Theory of General Relativity, the NY Times sent their golfing correspondent to interview him.
- Although he was a devoted pacifist, Albert Einstein wrote a letter to President Roosevelt, urging him to prioritize the construction of an atomic weapon before Nazi Germany.
- Hours before his death, Einstein was still attempting to prove his Theory of Everything.
- Austrian physicist Friedrich Hasenohrl announced the basic equation E = mc2 a year before Einstein did.
Did You Know? A horse’s foot is technically a single toe, so they run on their toes. For Horse Facts click here.
Unknown Facts about Einstein
- Einstein was a late bloomer as a child and spoke very slowly.
- Albert Einstein famously said that “if the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, man would have only four years to live.”
- In 1930, Albert Einstein patented a fridge. It was not a commercial success.
- Some American officials, like FBI director Mr. J. Edgar Hoover, thought Einstein was a Soviet spy.
- Einstein’s brain had a parietal lobe that was about 15% larger than the average brain.
- Einstein was offered the presidency of Israel country which he politely declined.
Amazing Albert Einstein Facts
- Einstein’s Nobel Prize money reached to his ex-wife as a divorce settlement.
- Galileo Galilei was Albert Einstein’s favorite scientist.
- Albert Einstein walked three miles a day while Darwin went for three 45-minute walks every day.
- Einstein was among the 5,000+ people who signed a petition to overturn Germany’s ban on Homosexuality.
- Albert Einstein had no car of his own and he also never learned how to drive.
- Einstein was famous for having a horrible memory. He could not remember names, dates and phone numbers.
Did You Know? Elvis Presley was naturally blonde. He dyed his hair black.
Other Facts about Einstein
- Yoda, from Star Wars, was formed after the appearance of Albert Einstein.
- The Nazis placed a US$5,000 bounty on Einstein’s head.
- Albert Einstein renounced his citizenship in the German Kingdom of Württemberg to avoid military service in the year 1896 and became stateless for five years. He acquired Swiss citizenship in February 1901, Austrian citizenship in 1911, and American citizenship in 1940.
- The pathologist who made Albert Einstein body’s autopsy stole his brain and kept it in a jar for around 20 years.
- Albert Einstein’s eyes live in a safe box in NYC.
These are the various Albert Einstein Facts!
Did You Know? Bill Gates Sponsors a Machine That Turns Poop Into Drinking Water.