Barack Hussein Obama aka Barack Obama served as the 44th president of the United States from 2009 to 2017. He is the first African American to assume the presidency and won a Grammy, read every single book in the Harry Potter series, Spider-Man, Conan the Barbarian comics and child statue for good luck. But there is a lot to know about this popular president.
- Barack was born on 4 August 1961 in Honlulu, Hawaii. He is the son of white mother Stanley Ann and African father Barack Hussein Obama from Kenya.
- In 1960, His parents met in a Russian class at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, where his father Barack Hussein Obama was a foreign student on scholarship.
- His father was a Kenyan government official and a goat herder while his Stanley Ann (Dunham) Obama Soetoro is an anthropologist. However, his parents divorced when Barack was two years old.
- His full name is Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. The name Barack means “one who is blessed” in Swahili.
- He lived in Indonesia for four years with his mother and stepfather before returning to Hawaii to live with his maternal grandparents.
- Growing up, he collected Spider-Man, child statue for good luck, Conan the Barbarian comics and Harry Potter series.
- He was known as “O’Bomber” at high school for his skill at basketball.
- Barack Obama worked at Baskin-Robbins and have overeaten ice-cream because now he says he doesn’t likes the dessert. He also experimented with drugs including marijuana and cocaine at his teenage period.
- Obama was known as Barry growing up, but after going to university, he asked to be addressed by his full name. He is an orphan. In 1982, his father died in a car accident in Kenya, and his mother died of ovarian cancer in 1995.
- Barack Obama can speak Indonesian and Spanish.
Click here for More Facts