Beer Facts: Beer is something which drives us crazy. What if someone gives you an unlimited supply of Beer. Here are few beer facts which makes you think wow.
- At any given point of time, 0.7% people of the world are drunk. So 50 million people are drunk at this moment.
- The fear of an empty beer glass is called as Cenosillicaphobia.
- The world’s longest hangover lasted around four weeks after a Scotsman drank 60 pints of beer.
- The alcoholic content of world’s strongest beer is 67.5%.
- Slugs like beer.
- Amsterdam pays the alcoholics in beer to clean streets: 5 cans of beer for a day’s work, plus €10 and tobacco.
- The beer was not considered even an alcoholic beverage in Russia til 2013.
- Until the 1970s, Table beer was served in schools refectories in Belgium.
- At the Wife Carrying Championships of the World in Finland, first prize is the wife’s pound in beer.
- There’s a beer brewed from the bananas in Africa.
- The Thailand’s Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew temple was constructed with one million bottles of Heineken and a local beer.
- Nigeria drinks more Guinness beer than Ireland.
- In the Egypt’s Land of the Pharaohs, beer was considered the national currency.
- In Argentina, political parties have their brands of beer.
- First aircraft hijacking in Norway was resolved after the hijacker surrendered his weapon in exchange for more beer.
- When scientist Niels Bohr in 1922 won the Nobel Prize, the Carlsberg brewery company gave him an uninterrupted supply of beer piped into his house.
- In 1963, Albert Heineken created a beer bottle that could also be used as a brick to build sustainable housing in impoverished countries.
- As a rule of the thumb, darker and bitter beers have higher alcohol content.
- In the 13th century, some people in Norway would baptize their children with beer.
- You can swim in the pools of beer in Austria.
- 162,719 pints of Guinness beer are wasted each year due to mustaches.
- President Jimmy Carter signed a bill that formed an exemption from taxation of beer brewed at their home for personal or family use, opening the door for current craft beer brewers.
- In France, Spain, Germany, Austria, and the Netherlands, they serve beer in McDonald’s.
- Fucking Hell is the beer named after the village of Fucking in Austria.
- There’s a brewery in Germany that’s almost 1,000 years old. It has been in perpetual operation since the year 1040.
- Beer and vaginas have almost the same acidity levels, with an average pH of 4.5.
These are the various crazy Beer Facts. Beers are always crazy, and these are much crazier.
For similar facts like Beer facts: