Bill Gates Facts | Amazing Facts about Bill Gates: William Henry Gates III is a co-founder of Microsoft and is an American business magnate, investor, author, and philanthropist. In 1975, Gates and Paul Allen launched Microsoft, which became the world’s largest PC software company. Here is a listing of interesting facts about Bill Gates:
Bill Gates Facts
- Bill Gates aimed to become a millionaire by the age of 30. However, he became a billionaire at 31.
- In 2013, Bill Gates admitted that the command Ctrl+Alt+Delete was a mistake, and should have been a single button.
- Bill Gates wrote to his rival Steve Jobs a letter as he was dying. He kept it by his bed.
- Abraham Lincoln, Bill Gates, Walt Disney, Mark Zuckerberg, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, and Steve Jobs, all of them had no college degree.
- Bill Gates altered his school’s program codes, so he was put in a class with mostly female students.
- Bill Gates bought Leonardo Da Vinci‘s Code Leicester in the year 1994 for US$30 million. A few pages were utilized as a screen saver on Windows 95.
Amazing Facts about Bill Gates
- In 2004, Gates predicted that the spam email would be gone within two years.
- Bill Gate’s SAT score was 1590 out of 1600.
- During a TED talk about Malaria, Gates opened a jar full of mosquitoes on stage so the audience would be able to understand better.
- Bill Gates Sponsors a Machine That Turns Poop Into Drinking Water.
- According to Bill Gates, by the year of 2035, there will be almost no undeveloped countries left in the world.
- Bill Gates once said that he regularly gives the laziest people the hardest jobs, because they’ll find the easiest way to do it.
Unknown Bill Gates Facts
- Bill Gates was held in New Mexico in the year 1977 for jumping a red light and driving without a license.
- Bill Gates pays over US$1 million a year in property taxes for his house.
- The only thing left on Bill Gates’ bucket list is not to die.
- Bill Gates has a McDonald’s Gold Membership Card for unlimited free fast food.
- When Steve Jobs accused Bill Gates of stealing from Apple, Gates said,
“I think it’s more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it.”
- Bill Gates and other investors have guarded a ‘doomsday seed vault’ to preserve a wide mixture of plant seeds in the distant Arctic Svalbard archipelago.
Bill Gates Foundation Facts
- Gates saved 6 million lives with vaccines and better health care.
- Bill Gate’s Foundation contributes more on global health every year than the World Health Organization of the United Nations.
- $28 billion dollars were granted by Bill Gates so far.
- In 2010, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett acknowledged the “Giving Pledge,” promising to give half of their resources to philanthropy, either during their lifetime or after their death. Over 150 signers have joined since.
Bill Gates Net Worth
- Bill Gate’s children will only inherit 10 million US Dollars each, out of his US$72 billion net worth.
- If Gates were a country, he would be the #63 richest on earth.
- Bill Gates’ net worth is 4.5 times as large as North Korea’s estimated GDP.
- As of 2016, Bill Gates could give 10 US dollars to every human being on Earth and still keep US$3 billion for himself.
- At a spending rate of $1 million a day, it would take Bill Gates 218 years to spend all his money.
- Bill Gates stayed to fly coach until the year 1997 when his net worth was already US$36 billion.
These are the various facts about Bill Gates!
Did You Know? Elvis Presley didn’t draft any of his songs.