Brain Facts | Unknown Facts about Our Brain: The brain is an organ that serves as the centre of the nervous system in all vertebrate and most invertebrate animals. The brain is located in the head, usually close to the sensory organs for senses such as vision. Here are few amazing facts about Brain:
- Your brain keeps growing until your late 40s.
- The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves, which triggers relaxation.
- There is no Left Brain/Right Brain Divide. It’s a myth. They work together.
- Male brains, on average, have a total volume that is between 8% and 13% larger than that of females.
- Violent homes have the same effect on children’s minds as combat on soldiers.
- At rest, your brain uses one-fifth of a calorie per minute.
- The brain releases so much dopamine during orgasms that a brain scan resembles that of someone on heroin.
Did you know? Albert Einstein’s eyes remain in a safe box in NYC. For more Eye Facts click here.
Brain Disease Facts:
- Long-term mobile phone use significantly increases the risk of brain tumours, a study found.
- There’s a virus that strikes human DNA making people less intelligent, impairing brain activity, learning and memory.
- Lack of oxygen to the brain for 5 to 10 minutes results in permanent brain damage.
- Due to the discovery of many brain parasites, scientist now thinks a Zombie Apocalypse is possible.
- “Sphenopalatine ganglion neuralgia” is the scientific term for brain freeze.
- Sleep deprivation affects the brain in multiple ways that can impair judgment and slow reaction.
Did you know? The tooth is the only part of the human body that can’t repair itself. For more WTF Facts click here.
Unknown Facts about Brain:
- When awake, the human brain produces enough electricity to power a small light bulb.
- You have Taste receptors in the stomach, intestines, Pancreas, lungs, anus, testicles and the brain.
- Every time you form a Memory, Brain creates a new connection.
- The human brain has the same consistency as tofu.
- It only takes 6 minutes for brain cells to react to alcohol.
- Alcohol doesn’t make you forget anything. When you get blackout drunk, the brain temporarily loses the ability to create memories.
Did you know? The Chocolate has an anti-bacterial effect on the mouth and protects against tooth decay. For more Chocolate Facts click here.
Fascinating Brain Facts:
- Your brain utilises 20 percent of the total oxygen and blood in your body.
- The brain treats rejection like physical pain, according to scientists.
- When you learn something new, the structure of your brain changes.
- The human brain is composed of about 100 billion neurones plus a trillion glial cells.
- It’s proven that even a small dose of POWER alters how a person’s brain operates and diminishes empathy.
- The pathologist who made Einstein body’s autopsy stole his brain and kept it in a jar for 20 years.
- Forgetting is good for the brain: deleting unnecessary information helps the nervous system retain its plasticity.
These are the various Brain Facts.
For WTF Fun Facts click here.