Cat Facts | Interesting Facts about Cats & Kittens: The domestic cat is a carnivorous mammal which is small and typically furry. Humans often value cats for friendship and for their ability to hunt lice. There are more than 70 cat varieties, though different associations proclaim different numbers according to their standards.
Interesting Facts about Cats & Kittens
- There are over 500 million domestic cats in the world.
- Domestic cats usually weigh around 4 kilograms (8 lb 13 oz) to 5 kilograms (11 lb 0 oz).
- Cats cant able to detect sweetness in anything they taste. Teeth of cats are sharper when they are kittens.
- After six months, they will lose their sharp teeth. Around the world, cats take a break to nap a cat nap 425 million times a day.
- The average sleeping time of cat is 16-18 hours per day.
- A cat’s meow is usually not directed at another cat but a human. To communicate with other cats, they will often hiss, purr and spit.
- Ancient Egyptians are the first who adored cats for their finesse in killing rodents as far back as 4,000 years ago.
- According to the Guinness World Records, the largest domestic cat litter totalled at 19 kittens, four of them stillborn.
- Cats spend a large amount of time licking their coats to keep them clean.
- The world’s most fertile cat, whose name was Dusty, gave birth to 420 kittens in her lifetime.
- Cats have 5 toes on their front legs and 4 on each back paw.
- A cat’s heart beats almost double the rate of a human heart, from 110 to 140 beats per minute.
- Cats sleep 16 hours on any given day. Most cats will eat 7 to 20 small meals a day.
Cute Cat Images
Read also Tiger Facts | Amazing Facts about Tiger
Read More Animal Facts