Chimpanzee Facts | Interesting Facts about Chimpanzee: Chimpanzees are the species of the great apes in the genus Pan, consisting of the regular chimpanzee and the bonobo. Together with gorillas, they are the only great apes that are currently limited in their range to Africa. Here are few interesting Facts about Chimpanzee:
- Chimpanzees can grow their fashion trends.
- Congo the chimp was a famous intellectual painter in the 1950s who sold arts to Picasso, Dalí, and others for up to US$26,000.
- The United States and Gabon are the only two nations that allow experimentation on chimpanzees.
- In 2008, a chimpanzee named Anjana adopted and raised two baby white tigers named Shiva and Mitra after a hurricane.
- Humans have the same amount of hair follicles as chimpanzees.
- Comparative analysis showed that chimpanzees and bonobos show population-level right handedness, whereas gorillas and orangutans do not.
Did You Know? Martin Luther King Jr. is the only American citizen, non-president, to have a U.S. national holiday in his honor.
Interesting Facts about Chimpanzee
- Elephants and chimpanzees can display behavior patterns similar to post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.
- Chimpanzees can identify each other from pictures of their butts.
- Soviet biologist Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov tried to impregnate a chimpanzee with human sperm to form a human-ape hybrid.
- Chimpanzees fart so loudly and frequently that scientists locate them in forest occasionally by following the farts.
- Washoe, the chimpanzee, was the first non-human to learn American Sign Language. She also passed on her knowledge to other chimpanzees.
- Chimps use medicinal plants to heal themselves for illness and injury.
These are the various Chimpanzee Facts which we all should know.
Did You Know? Although Autism is assumed to be lifelong, there’s evidence that between 3% and 25% of affected people eventually recover, a 2008 study found. For Autism Facts click here.