Cocaine Facts | Interesting Facts about Cocaine: Cocaine, also known as coke, is a potent stimulant mostly consumed as a recreational drug. It is commonly snorted, sniffed as Smoke, or as a solution injected into a vein. Here is a list of unknown facts about Cocaine:
- More Colombians die each year from the American tobacco than Americans die from the Colombian cocaine.
- Cupcakes can be as addictive as cocaine.
- Other Names for Cocaine are the nose candy, white lady, Stardust, and Charlie.
- While shooting “The Blues Brothers” movie, they had a budget for cocaine.
- Refined sugar is more addictive than cocaine.
- Crack cocaine is recognized as the most addictive form of cocaine.
Did You Know? Hitler was saved from sinking by a priest when he was four years old. For Hitler Facts click here.
- Taking cocaine increases the chance of having a heart attack within the hour by 2,400%.
- Steven Tyler, the Aerosmith’s frontman, claims that he spent minimum US$5 million on cocaine between the 1970s and 80s.
- Writer Stephen King was addicted to the cocaine between 1979 and 1987 and used it to generate a buzz to write.
- “Under Pressure” was written by Author David Bowie and Queen during the 24-hour wine and cocaine marathon.
- Robert Louis Stevenson drafted the 60,000-words-long “The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” during a 6-day cocaine high.
- More than 100,000 newborns are born addicted to cocaine every year in the U.S., due to their mother’s consumption of the drug during pregnancy.
Cocaine in different Countries:
- While less than 5 percent of the world’s population lives in the U.S., they consume almost 37% of the world’s cocaine.
- The price of the cocaine went down by 51% in Europe since 1990.
- A gram of cocaine costs €207 in Australia but just €9 in Brazil.
- 92% of free baby changing tables tested in the UK carried traces of cocaine.
- 1 in 40 people in Scotland uses cocaine, the highest rate in the world.
- Today, 2,500 Americans in the U.S. will try cocaine for the 1st time.
- Cocaine can be bought for about US$5 per gram in the Colombia while in the U.S. it sells for a minimum of US$100.
Did You Know? A baby octopus is about the size of a flea when it is born. For Octopus Facts click here.
Unknown Cocaine Facts:
- Pope Leo XIII carried a hip flask full of wine infused with cocaine.
- In 1994, a 75-pound pack of cocaine fell out of an unknown plane and landed in the center of a Florida crime watch meeting.
- In 1961, the International Convention on Narcotic Drugs had required countries to make recreational use of cocaine a criminal offense.
- Cocaine raises dopamine levels by around 250%, compared to 100% from having sex and 50% from food.
- Caffeine is made of hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, and oxygen. The same as cocaine, nylon, thalidomide, TNT, and heroin.
- Worldwide sales of the cocaine earn more than Microsoft, Kellogg’s, and McDonald’s combined.
Interesting Facts about Cocaine:
- In the US today, prescribed painkillers kill more Americans than cocaine and heroin combined.
- The Incas revered the coca plant as being sacred or magical.
- Cocaine has a small number of approved medical uses such as numbing and decreasing bleeding during the nasal surgery.
- In London in 1916, Harrods was trading a kit described as “A Welcome Present for Friends at the Front” containing morphine, cocaine, syringes, and needles.
- Sigmund Freud recommended Cocaine as a treatment for depression, alcoholism, and morphine addiction.
- In the Netherlands, there are plenty of public amenities where you can bring the recreational drugs including cocaine, marijuana, and ecstasy to test if they are safe.
These are various Cocaine Facts.
For more WTF Facts click here.