Cockroach Facts | Interesting Facts about Cockroach: Cockroaches are insects of the order Blattodea, which also includes termites. About 30 cockroach species out of 4,600 are associated with human habitats. About four species are well known as pests. Here is a list of facts about Cockroaches:
- Cockroaches get lonely and also become ill if they are left alone for too long.
- Cockroaches have a much higher radiation resistance than vertebrates, with the lethal dose perhaps 6 to 15 times that for humans.
- Englishman Ken Edwards ate 36 Madagascan cockroaches in a minute in 2001.
- The Cockroaches can make group decisions. When 50 cockroaches are presented with three shelters that can only house about 40, they’ll split evenly into two groups and leave one shelter empty.
- Cockroaches shed their skin.
Did You Know? White tigers are prone to have crossed eyes (strabismus). For Tiger Facts click here.
Cockroach Species Facts
- There are a newly found cockroach species in the U.S. that can survive freezing temperatures.
- Cockroaches raised in space become quicker, faster, stronger, and tougher than cockroaches on Earth.
- Only about 30 cockroach species out of 4,600 are associated with human habitats.
- Cockroaches are among the world’s fartiest species.
Did You Know? Humans have the same amount of hair follicles as chimpanzees. For Chimpanzee Facts click here.
Unknown Facts about Cockroach
- Headless cockroaches are capable of living for weeks. They die from starvation.
- Cockroaches are served fried in Thailand, China, and other Asian countries.
- Catnip is a natural cockroach repellent.
- Cockroaches appeared 120 million years before dinosaurs.
Did You know? Martin Luther King Jr. was a huge Star Trek fan.
Interesting Cockroach Facts
- Cockroaches have their Neighborhoods.
- A group of cockroaches is called an intrusion.
- In 2015, engineering students in China worked out how to control live cockroaches using a brain-to-brain interface technique.
- Cockroaches have distinct personalities, a study found.
- Cockroaches can move on two legs, and that they can run at a speed of almost 5 feet per second.
These are the various Cockroach Facts.
Click here for more Animal Facts.