Dinosaur Facts | Unknown Facts about Dinosaurs: Dinosaurs are a distinct group of reptiles of the clade Dinosauria that 1st appeared during the Triassic period. Here are few interesting Dinosaur Facts which we should know:
- Dinosaurs lived on our Earth for 150 million years. We’ve been for just 0.1% of that time.
- The word “Dinosaur” derives from the ancient Greek and means “terrible lizard”.
- At least 71% of dinosaur fossil records remain to be discovered, according to a 2006 study.
- Despite the movie title, most of the dinosaurs from the movie “Jurassic Park” lived during the Cretaceous period.
- Dinosaur feathers aren’t just apparent in fossils but have been found preserved in amber.
- There’s a limestone cliff with over 5,000 dinosaur footprints in Bolivia, with many dating back 68 million years.
- Dinosaurs often swallowed large rocks. These stones stayed in the stomach and helped them grind up food.
Did you know? According to the NASA, it would cost around US$18,000 to send a letter to Mars. Click for more Mars Facts.
Unknown Facts about Dinosaurs:
- Many scientists believe that an asteroid which hit the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico around 65.5 million years ago and contributed or caused the extinction of dinosaurs.
- Most dinosaurs are known from just a single tooth or bone.
- Dinosaurs didn’t roar (Shout); they may have mumbled with their mouths shut, research suggests.
- Mammals remained relatively small until 65 million years ago when the demise of the dinosaurs gave them a chance to survive.
- In 2015, a four-year-old searching for fossils found the 100 Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Bones.
- Villagers in central China have long been using dinosaur bones as medicine, thinking they were from dragons.
- The world’s oldest found “toilet” was used by dinosaurs 240 million years ago.
Did you know? Dodge Tomahawk stands on the top of Fastest bikes of the world.
Different Dinosaur Species:
- The longest dinosaur is the 27 meters (i.e. 89 feet) long Diplodocus, which was discovered in Wyoming, U.S.
- One of the smallest dinosaurs found had the size of a chicken and ate insects.
- Velociraptors were no bigger than turkeys.
- Dinosaurs are not, technically, extinct, since science considers birds as a type of dinosaur.
- Fossils demonstrate that some dinosaurs slept with their heads tucked under their arms.
- The estimated quantity of dinosaur species that survived in the Mesozoic era is between 1,543 and 2,468 species.
- The smallest dinosaur was about four inches (10 cm) tall, and it weighed less than a chihuahua.
Have you ever heard? Aston Martin MA – RB00 is the costliest of all the cars. See also about the Top 10 Expensive Cars in the world.
Interesting Dinosaur Facts:
- While dinosaurs were ancestrally bipedal, many lost groups included quadrupedal species, and some were able to shift between these stances.
- The dinosaur sounds in the movie “Jurassic Park” movie were made from recordings of tortoise sex.
- 40% of Americans think that the humans and the dinosaurs lived at the same time.
- We don’t know for certain whether the T-Rex was warm or cold blooded.
- In Europe before the 17th century, the dinosaur fossils were believed to be the remains of giants and other biblical creatures.
- If the Earth’s history were compressed into 24 hours, life would’ve appeared at 4 am land plants at 10:24 p.m., dinosaur extinction at 11:41 p.m. and human history would’ve begun at 11:58:43 pm.
These are the various facts about the Dinosaurs.
For more WTF Facts click here.