Drug Facts | Unknown Facts about Drugs: A drug is any substance that, when inhaled, smoked, injected, consumed, absorbed via a spot on the skin, or dissolved under our tongue causes a physiological change in the body. Here are few unknown Drug facts which will make you think.
- Colombia’s drug trade is now worth US$10 billion. That’s 1-quarter as much as the country’s official exports.
- Drug possession and trafficking are punished in Singapore with the death penalty.
- Individuals are more likely to be killed as a drug dealer in Chicago than as a death row inmate in Texas.
- Nazi party German troops were routinely given a narcotic drug called Pervitin, which allowed them to march for longer than normal.
- Antidepressant drugs, already known to produce sexual side effects, may also suppress our basic human emotions of love and romance.
- 31% of rock star die due to drugs or alcohol.
- In Texas, more than 16,000 people were imprisoned in 2015 for possessing less than one gramme of narcotics.
- Ozzy Osborne had his genome sequenced to understand better how he’s still alive after years of hard drug and alcohol abuse.
- In 2015, over 50,000 Americans died due to overuse of drugs—the most ever.
- More than 100,000 babies are now born addicted to cocaine every year in the U.S., due to their mother’s consumption of the drug during pregnancy.
- The Salema Porgy is a fish species that can cause hallucinations while eating. In Ancient Rome it was taken as a recreational drug.
Unknown Facts about Drugs:
- In the Netherlands, there are plenty of public facilities where you can bring recreational drugs which include marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy to test if they are safe.
- There’s a nail polish that detects date rape drugs by dipping a finger into the drink.
- Traces of cocaine and nicotine were found in Egyptian mummies.
- Generic and brand name drugs are required by U.S. law to be equally effective.
- In 1994, a 75-pound sack of cocaine fell out of a flying plane and landed in the centre of a Florida crime watch meeting.
- In a professional shooting, Alcohol is acknowledged to be a performance-enhancing drug because it eases you and slows our heart rate enough to give us an edge.
These are the various facts about Drugs.
For more WTF Facts click here.