Elvis Presley Facts | Interesting Facts about Elvis Presley: Elvis Aaron Presley was an American actor and singer. Considered as one of the most significant cultural figures of the 20th century, he is often referred to as simply “the King” or “King of Rock and Roll.” Here are few interesting facts about Elvis Presley:
Elvis Presley Facts
- Mr. Elvis Presley is considered the best-selling individual artist of all time, with over 500 million records sold.
- Elvis Presley had never got formal music training or learned to read music. He played by ear.
- All three Grammys Presley won, were for his gospel songs.
- Elvis Presley was a black karate belt.
- He had a twin sibling that died at birth.
- Elvis Presley was naturally blonde. He dyed his hair black.
Interesting Facts about Elvis Presley
- Elvis Presley dropped a music class in High School.
- A young Elvis Presley was once told: “Stick to driving a truck because you’ll never make it as a singer.”
- Elvis Presley once lived next to a Conservative rabbi and his wife. On the Saturday Sabbath, he ran missions and turned electronics on and off for them.
- Oprah Winfrey and Presley are distant cousins.
- Elvis Presley hated John Lennon and desired to beat him up for his anti-war stance.
- Elvis Presley never played outside of North America.
Did You Know? Scientists have discovered that monkeys are sensitive to optical illusions, just like humans. For Monkey Facts click here.
Unknown Elvis Presley Facts
- Elvis Presley didn’t draft any of his songs.
- Elvis Presley was hardly bullied by classmates who viewed him as a ‘mama’s boy.’
- In 2012, Elvis Presley’s underwear was once auctioned off, but no one bought it.
- Elvis Presley bought Franklin Roosevelt’s presidential yacht, the Potomac, for US$55,000.
- Presley was 22 years old when he paid US$102,500 for Graceland, the Memphis mansion that helped as his home base for two decades.
- Elvis Presley once asked his limo driver, “Do you own this limo or do you work for the company?” He responded, “I work for the company.” Elvis said, “Well, you own it now.” The limo driver’s tip was the limo.
Did You Know? The Emperor Penguin can sink to depths of over 500m and stay under water for up to 27 minutes. For Penguin Facts click here.
Elvis Presley Death Facts
- Only one home in the U.S. welcomes more visitors per year than Elvis Presley’s home, Graceland: the White House.
- Bob Dylan didn’t speak to anyone for one week after Elvis Presley died.
- The last thing Elvis Presley had eaten before he died was four scoops of ice cream and six chocolate chip cookies.
- Elvis Presley’s last words are, “I’m going to the bathroom to read.”
- Freddie Mercury wrote “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” in 10 minutes as a tribute to Elvis Presley.
- In 1977, three men attempted to steal Elvis Presley’s remains for ransom. That’s why his body was moved to Graceland where security monitors them.
- The “17059 Elvis” is a minor planet found in 1999 and named after the singer.
These are the various facts about Elvis Presley.
Did You Know? Dogs have 13 blood types whereas horses have 8, cows have nine while Humans only have 4. For Horse facts click here.