Smoking is dangerous to health. It causes you cancer and various other diseases in your body. Smoking is also injurious to others around you. Here are the top facts about smoking.
Smoking is responsible for several diseases, such as cancer, long-term (chronic) respiratory diseases, and heart disease, as well as premature death. Over 480,000 people in the USA and 100,000 in the UK die because of smoking each year. According to the US CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), $92 billion are lost annually from lost productivity resulting from smoking-related deaths.
Facts about Smoking:
- Smoking one cigarette takes about 11 minutes off of your life span.
- A Single Cigarette contains over 4,800 chemicals, 69 of which are known to cause cancer.
- Smoking can shorten a man’s penis by as much as a centimeter.
- 15 billion cigarettes are smoked worldwide every day.
- The word ‘Nicotine’ is derived from Frenchman ‘Jean Nicot’ who introduced tobacco to France in 1560.
- Smoking cigarettes destroy muscle tissue and have been proven to cause nipples to fall off.
- The breasts of women who smoke tend to sag very quickly because smoking destroys a protein called elastin, which gives breasts elasticity.
- Smoking just one to four cigarettes a day nearly triples a person’s risk of dying of heart disease, according to researchers.
- At any given moment, there are more than 10 million cigarettes lit around the world.
- Smoking can make you twice as likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
- The term smoking wasn’t established until the late seventeenth century. Before then, it was often referred to as ‘Dry Drunkenness.’
- One Hookah Tobacco smoking session delivers 25 times the tar of a single cigarette.
- 80% of smokers start smoking before turning 18.
- Smoking rots the brain by damaging reasoning, memory, and learning.
- Smoking causes wrinkle’s people who smoke tend to have ten times more wrinkles than those who don’t.
- Smoking cigarettes ruin the sense of smell.
Smoking is very dangerous to health. The above are the top facts about smoking.