George Washington Facts | Facts about Washington: George Washington was the American politician and a soldier who served as the 1st President of the U.S. from 1789 to 1797. He one of the Founding Fathers of the U.S.A. Here are few interesting facts about George Washington:
George Washington Facts:
- George Washington is the only U.S.A. president to have received 100% of the electoral votes.
- There is a city in the United States called George, Washington.
- George Washington is also known as the “Father of the American Foxhound,” and kept more than 30 of the dogs.
- Despite the fact that his salary is two percent of the total US budget, George Washington had to borrow money to attend his inauguration.
- Before he married Martha, George Washington was in love with Sally Fairfax, his best friend’s wife.
- George Washington suffered from diphtheria, tuberculosis, smallpox, dysentery, malaria, tonsillitis, carbuncle, pneumonia, and epiglottitis.
- George Washington had never worn a wig: his hair was naturally lustrous and long, although he did use powder to make it white.
Read also about Top 10 Most Viewed YouTube Videos
The President – Washington:
- George Washington was worth US$525 million in his day when adjusted for inflation.
- George Washington inoculated his troops against smallpox, reducing a 17% death rate from the disease down to 1%.
- At 135 words, George Washington’s 2nd inaugural address was the shortest ever given by an incoming president.
- George Washington penned somewhere between 18,000 and 20,000 letters in his lifetime.
- After his Presidency, George Washington became a whiskey tycoon and owned the largest distillery in the U.S.
- George Washington did not have any wooden teeth. They were made of gold, lead, ivory, human and animal teeth.
- When George Washington was elected president, no one knew what to call him. No other nation had ever elected a president.
You may also like Men Facts
George Washington Death:
- When George Washington died, Napoleon ordered ten days of mourning in France.
- When Washington passed away in 1799, the Britain’s entire Royal Navy lowered its flags at half mast.
- George Washington is worshiped as the God by Japanese Shinto priests in Hawaii.
- There are 189 things named after George Washington: 1 state, seven mountains, eight streams, ten lakes, 33 counties, nine colleges, and 121 towns and villages.
- George Washington died after his doctors removed forty percent of his blood (80 ounces) over a 12-hour period to cure a throat infection.
- Before his passing, Washington had become opposed to the slavery, and in his will, he ordered his 300 slaves to be freed after his wife’s death.
Read also about Top 10 Dangerous Animals on Earth
Interesting Facts about George Washington:
- Mr.Washington concluded the Revolutionary War to return a lost dog to the enemy.
- George Washington did not have wooden teeth. They were made of gold, ivory, lead, human and animal teeth.
- George Washington was a ginger.
- The George Washington was the only president who didn’t represent a political party.
- Before he fought the Britain, George Washington fought for the British. At the age of 21, he was sent to lead a British colonial force against the French in Ohio.
- George Washington had no formal education.
- The President George Washington never chopped down a cherry tree. Parson Weems, the author of The Life of Washington, created the myth.
These are the various interesting George Washington Facts.
Read also about North Sentinel Island