Global Warming Facts | Things you should be aware of our Planet: Global warming is the effect of an increase in the earth’s medium surface temperature due to greenhouse gasses like carbon dioxide and methane. Here are few interesting facts about global warming:
Global Warming Facts:
- Cows emit more methane than the oil industry and are a huge factor in global warming.
- Despite the Global Warming, we’re still technically in an Ice Age.
- 64% of Americans don’t believe global warming will seriously affect their way of life.
- In the U.S., Hispanics (70%) are more likely than whites (44%) to say humans cause global warming.
- The evidence linking humans and global warming are as strong as the link between smoking and lung cancer, according to the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- The hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica is twice the size of Europe.
- There will be a 50% increase in lightning strikes by 2100 if global warming continues, according to a scientific report.
- Swedish scientist Svante Arrhenius was the first to claim that fossil fuel combustion may eventually result in enhanced global warming already in 1896.
Global Warming Causes:
- There is more Carbon Dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere today than at any point in the last 800,000 years.
- The Marshall Islands will not exist if we warm the planet 2 degrees.
- Donald Trump will become the only leader of a major industrialized country to deny the existence of human-caused global warming.
- Norway is ranked as the country which is least likely to be affected by climate change. Chad is the most vulnerable.
- The warmest August ever recorded globally was in August 2014.
- In the U.S., an average family of four emits more greenhouse gasses because of the meat that they eat than from driving two cars.
- Global warming has raised the earth’s average surface temperature about 1.5°F (0.8°C) since the Industrial Revolution.
- From 1870 Global sea levels have risen by around 20 cm (8 inches).
Dangerous Global Warming:
- Global warming could drive to the extinction as many as 1 in 6 animal and plant species.
- 37% of the Americans think global warming is a hoax.
- It’s been over 30 years since we had a cooler-than-average month.
- The global average sea level rose 19 cm (7.4 in) from 1901 to the year 2010, as oceans expanded due to the warming and melting ice.
- A study found having a teacher who believes climate change is real is a strong positive predictor of students’ belief in global warming.
- Global warming ‘solved’ a land dispute between India and the Bangladesh: the island in dispute disappeared.
- Scientists want to introduce the global warming on Mars to make the life habitable for colonization.
- The year 2010 was the warmest ever on record.
These are the various Global Warming Facts.