Heart Facts | Interesting Facts about Heart: The heart is a muscular organ in humans and the other animals, which pumps the blood through the blood vessels of the circulatory system. Blood provides the body with oxygen and nutrients, as well as assists in the removal of metabolic wastes. Here is a list of Interesting Heart Facts which we should know:
- Every day, your heart creates enough energy to drive a truck for 20 miles (32 km).
- Eating dark chocolate every day decreases the risk of heart disease by one-third.
- The inventor of the heart stent approached various companies for funding and was rejected. It was financed by the owner of Fuddrucker’s restaurant, whom he faced by chance on a golf course.
- Multivitamins increase the risk of heart disease and cancer, according to recent studies.
- A cocaine addict’s heart can beat for 25 minutes outside their body.
- Your heart will pump approximately 1.5 million barrels of blood during your entire lifetime, enough to fill 200 train tank cars.
Interesting Facts about Heart:
- 75 trillion cells receive blood from every heart. Only the Corneas don’t.
- Your heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen.
- The first heart transplant using one “dead heart” was performed by the surgeons in Australia, in October 2014.
- While sudden heart attacks during sex are sporadic, 75% of them happen to individuals who are cheating on their wives.
- Having an orgasm at least three times a week cuts in half the likelihood of coronary heart disease.
- Couples who are in love with each other synchronise their heart beat rates after gazing into each others’ eyes for three minutes.
Did you know? Steve Jobs was scared of buttons.
Unknown Heart Facts:
- A man received a heart of one suicide victim, married victim’s widow, and years later committed suicide on the same way his donor did.
- Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.
- A pumping human heart can eject blood 30ft.
- People who work 11 hours or more in a day are 67% more prone to have a cardiovascular disease than those with an 8-hour work a day, according to a study.
- Your heart can keep beating even if it is separated from the body because it has its electrical impulse.
- The human heart is not completely on the left-hand side of the body; it is in the middle.
Did you know? Mexico is the 11th populated country in the world with 121 million people. For Mexico Facts click here.
Heart Attack Facts:
- The death of your loved one makes you up to 21 times more prone to suffer a heart attack within a day of the loss.
- Smoking makes the risk of a heart attack 200% to 400% greater than that of nonsmokers.
- Owning a cat can decrease the possibility of heart attacks and strokes by more than a third, researchers found.
- Vegetarians are 19% less prone to die from heart disease, a study found.
- One-third of first heart attacks are fatal, and another third result in permanent damage to the heart.
- Instead of the chest pains, heart attacks in the women have indigestion, nausea, and shoulder aches.
- “Staying Alive” has the optimum tempo for performing CPR on someone who has just suffered a heart attack.
These are the various Heart Facts.
Did you know? Pluto is, by law, still a planet in New Mexico. For Pluto Facts click here.