Hinduism Facts | Interesting Facts about Hinduism: Hinduism is the world’s third largest religion following Christianity and Muslims. Unlike the other two, 95% of Hindu’s live in the same country. Hinduism is the oldest of major extant religions. Here are the most interesting facts about the Hinduism:
- 13.8% of the world’s population are Hindus.
- Hinduism worships over 33 million gods or demigods.
- There is a pilgrimage site in Sri Lanka that is holy to four religions for a “sacred footprint”: Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism and Christianity.
- Hinduism has no single founder, founding incident or date of origin.
- Hinduism accepts a man’s right to commit suicide through fasting to death, called “Prayopavesa.”
- The Swastika is recognized as a symbol of auspiciousness in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.
Read about Snake Island as well.
Interesting Facts about Hinduism:
- The Mahabharata used to teach the principles of Hinduism, is 1.8 million words long and is the longest poem in the world.
- Hinduism believes the conditions of one’s present life are due to karma or accumulated good or bad behavior in past lives.
- India’s Hindu calendar has 6 seasons: spring, summer, monsoon, autumn, winter and prevernal.
- Most Hindus say Euthanasia interrupts the timing of the cycle of rebirth and both the doctor and patient will take on bad karma as a result.
- A majority of Hindus eat meat, only 30% do not.
- At over 162.6 ha (401 acres), the Hindu temple Angkor Wat in Cambodia is the largest religious structure in the world.
These are the various Hinduism Facts which we all should know. It is a religion with plenty of beliefs and true histories. People worship their Gods faithfully with the belief in Karma. There are many Hindu Mythologies which are being followed till this date in various parts of the country “India”.
Read also about Egypt Facts