Instagram Facts | Interesting Facts and Stats about Instagram: It is an Internet-based photo-sharing application and service that allows users to share the world’s moments such as photos and videos either publicly, or privately to pre-approved followers. Instagram was Launched in 2010 and acquired by Facebook in 2012, and it has taken the mobile photo-sharing niche by storm, with no signs of stopping soon.
Interesting Facts about Instagram
- Over half of all 18 to 29 year-olds in the U.S. are on Instagram, and 80% of Instagram users are outside of the US. Adult users in the U.S. have doubled since 2012.
- Six in ten online adults have Instagram accounts. Female internet users are more likely to use Instagram than men, 31 percent of female internet users are on Instagram, compared to 21 percent of male internet users.
- There are 32% of teenagers who consider Instagram to be the most important social network and 26% of Instagram users make more than $75,000 per year.
- There are over 600 million Instagrammers, and 400 million are active every day.
- There are 16,600,000 Google searches for Instagram per month. 51% of Instagram users access the platform daily, and 35% say they look at the platform several times per day.
- There are 95 million photos, and videos are shared on Instagram per day.
- Over 40 billion photos and videos have been shared on the Instagram platform since its conception.
Stats about Instagram
- There are 15 million registered businesses are using Instagram business profiles, and it has 1 million monthly active advertisers and up from just 200,000 in March 2016.
- There are 60% of the top brands on Instagram use the same filter for every post.
- In March 2017, over 120 million Instagrammers visited a website, got directions, called, emailed, or direct messaged to learn about a business based on an Instagram ad.