Internet facts | Facts about the Internet: Internet is now a basic need for most of the people. People are getting addicted to the internet in their day to day life. Here are few interesting Internet facts we all should know:
- 30,000 websites are hacked every day.
- The current library at the Alexandria has a copy of all the web pages on every site on the Internet since it started in 1996.
- China has more internet users on mobile devices than on PCs.
- The Philippines has the slowest Internet speed in the entire Southeast Asian region with an average speed of 3.54 Mbps.
- One In Ten Americans thinks HTML –the language of web pages– is a sexually transmitted disease.
- The “Fi” in “WiFi” doesn’t mean anything. The creators just called it that because it rhymed with “HiFi.”
- A U.S. journalist faces 105 years in jail for posting a link on the web.
- When Montenegro became independent from the country of Yugoslavia, its Internet domain name went from .yu to .me.
- Internet Users Send 204 Million Emails Per Minute.
- If the Internet went down for a day, 196 billion emails and 3 billion Google searches would have to wait.
- 70% of all the emails that are sent are spam.
Interesting Internet Facts:
- There is a high-speed Internet point on the way up to Mount Everest.
- 15% of American adults do not use the Internet.
- The first thing ever bought and sold across the Internet was a bag of marijuana around 1971.
- “LOL” used to indicate “lots of love” before the Internet.
- Thanks to his Internet popularity, the child from the “Success Kid” meme made enough money to fund his dad’s kidney transplant.
- UK’s Internet Porn Filter Architect was Held On Child Porn Offences in 2014.
- 50% of Internet users will quit waiting for a video to load after 10 seconds.
- The first webcam was created in Cambridge to check the status of a coffee pot.
Stats and Facts about the Internet:
- 37% of the web is porn.
- In 2010, Finland became the first country in the world to make Internet access a legal right.
- By the end of 1993, there were only 623 websites on the World Wide Web.
- India has more people using the net than the entire population of the U.S.
- Over 100,000 new dot-com domains are registered on the web every day.
- Only 37.9% of people have access to the Internet once a year or more.
- One-third of Italians have never used the Internet.
- Humans do not create the majority of Internet traffic, but bots like Google and Malware.
- Researchers are debating on adding Internet addiction to the list of mental disorders.
- China has treatment camps for Internet addicts.
- 6% of the world’s people has an Internet addiction.
- Psychologists examined Internet trolls and found that they are “narcissistic, psychopathic, and sadistic.”
- Nine million adults in the Britain have never used the internet.
These are the Various facts about Internet.