Isaac Newton Facts | Amazing Facts about Isaac Newton: Sir Isaac Newton PRS was an English mathematician, an astronomer, and physicist who is widely recognized as one of the most influential scientists of all time and a key person in the scientific revolution.
Isaac Newton Facts
- Sir Isaac Newton developed a sunlight phobia from staring at the sun.
- Newton was secretly an Alchemist.
- Isaac Newton was born prematurely on a Christmas morning. He was given little chance of survival.
- The Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica took Sir Isaac Newton 2 years to write. It was the end of more than 20 years of thinking.
- Isaac Newton’s Principia Mathematica carried a simple calculation error that went unnoticed for about 300 years.
- In 1666, Isaac Newton recognized the Sun’s light using a prism and showed it is made up of light of many colors.
- The Bible was Isaac Newton’s greatest passion was to write more about religion than science and mathematics.
Amazing Newton Facts
- An apple didn’t hit Sir Isaac Newton in the head, but it did make him wonder if the force that makes apples fall affects the moon’s motion around Earth.
- Newton invented/discovered calculus in about the same amount of time the average student learns it.
- It is assumed that Sir Isaac Newton died as a virgin.
- In the 17th Century, 1 in every 10 British coins was forged. Isaac Newton oversaw a massive project to recall the old currency, and issue a more reliable one.
- 39% of philosophers would say Isaac Newton “discovered” calculus while 37% would say that he “invented” it. The rest have other ideas about it.
- Isaac Newton was a Member of the Parliament for more than a year and said only a sentence: he asked a nearby usher to close an open window.
Did You Know? Bill Gates Sponsors a Machine That Turns Poop Into Drinking Water. For Bill Gates facts click here.
Unknown Facts about Isaac Newton
- A young Isaac Newton once scared to burn his mother and stepfather alive.
- A sample of Newton’s apple tree was carried into space to ‘defy gravity.’
- When the University of Cambridge was shut because of the plague, Isaac Newton was forced to return home. It ended up as the most productive period of his life.
- Isaac Newton’s last words were, “the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”
- Newton dropped the equivalent of US 3 million dollars in today’s money on the stock market in 1720.
- Famous left-handed people include Napoleon, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Albert Einstein, Newton, Bill Gates, Oprah, Obama and Jimi Hendrix.
These are the various Isaac Newton Facts.
Did You Know? Einstein never gained a Nobel prize for relativity theory. It was actually for the photoelectric effect. For Albert Einstein Facts click here.