Leonardo Da Vinci Facts | Facts about Leonardo Da Vinci: Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci, more commonly Leonardo da Vinci or just Leonardo, was an Italian Renaissance polymath. His areas of interest included invention, painting, sculpting, architecture, science, music, mathematics, engineering, literature, anatomy, geology, astronomy, botany, writing, history, and cartography. Here are the various Leonardo Da Vinci Facts:
Leonardo Da Vinci Facts:
- Leonardo Da Vinci was the first to explain why the sky is blue.
- Leo Da Vinci was the illegitimate son of a wealthy Florentine legal notary and a peasant.
- He designed an armoured car, a scythed chariot, a pile driver, a pulley, a lagoon dredge, and a flying ship.
- Leonardo Da Vinci was homeschooled and lacked a formal education in Greek and Latin.
- Leo Da Vinci was almost put to death for sodomy. When no witnesses came forward, his case was dismissed.
Did you know? The Longest Tunnel in the World is 57 km long and goes from Switzerland to Italy underneath The Alps. It took 17 Years to Build. For more Switzerland Facts click here.
Leonardo Da Vinci Art Facts:
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s name is Leonardo because his mother was standing in front of a Leonardo Da Vinci’s portrait when he first kicked.
- Despite being 1 of the most famous painters in history, only 15 paintings of Leonardo Da Vinci are known to exist.
- There’s no evidence that any of Leonardo Da Vinci’s inventions were ever built and none of his writings was published during his lifetime.
- Leonardo Da Vinci signed his initials on the right pupil of the Mona Lisa.
- Bill Gates got Leonardo Da Vinci’s Codex Leicester in 1994 for US$30 million. A few pages were used as a screen saver on Windows 95.
- Leonardo Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa became the world’s most famous painting after it was stolen from the Louvre in 1911.
Did you know? At rest, your brain uses one-fifth of a calorie per minute. For more Brain Facts click here.
Interesting Facts about Da Vinci:
- Leo Da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
- Leonardo Da Vinci was a prankster: he would put fake wings and horns on lizards to scare people in the Vatican.
- After dissecting cadavers, Leonardo Da Vinci replaced the muscles with strings to see how they worked.
- Leonardo Da Vinci’s last few words were: “I have offended God and humanity. My job did not reach the quality it should have.”
- Famous left-handed people include Napoleon, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Einstein, Newton, Bill Gates, Oprah, Obama and Jimi Hendrix.
- Leo Da Vinci’s studies of river erosion convinced him that Earth is much older than the Bible implies.
Did you know? It is calculated that only 2% of all humans have green eyes, making it the rarest eye colour. For more Eye Facts click here.
- Leonardo Da Vinci first proposed contact lenses in 1508.
- Leo Da Vinci used to buy caged animals at the market just to set them free.
- In 2003, Leonardo Da Vinci’s machines were built and tested according to his original designs for a documentary. Some were successful, and others proved to be impractical.
- Leonardo Da Vinci was an accomplished lyre player.
- A face-recognition software determined that Leonardo Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa is 83% happy, 9% disgusted, 6% fearful, and 2% angry.
These are the various Leonardo Da Vinci Facts.
Did you know? Koalas hug trees to cool off on hot days. For more Koala Facts click here.