Spider Facts | Unknown facts about Spider: Spiders are air-breathing arthropods that have eight legs and chelicerae with fangs that inject venom. They are the largest order of arachnids and rank seventh in total species diversity among all other orders of organisms. Here is a list of Spider Facts which we should know.
- Spiders can walk on liquid, and breathe under it, too.
- The chances of us eating even one spider in our sleep throughout our lifetime is close to 0%.
- Spiders don’t have penises. They mate with the appendages on their face.
- Some spiders disguise themselves as ants by pretending their two front legs are antennae.
- Tarantulas have evolved almost the same shade of vibrant blue at least eight separate times.
- Only about 4% of people seeking treatment for spider bites have confirmed spider bites, a U.S. study found.
Did You Know? Cockroaches are served fried in Thailand, China, and other Asian countries.
Spider Species Facts
- Out of 46,000 discovered species of spider, only a single one has been found to be a herbivore.
- Each species of peacock spider has its courtship dance.
- Many female black widow spiders eat their males after mating.
- Orb spiders mummify their prey before they kill it.
- A male Black widow spider avoids being eaten by a female by smelling how ravenous she is.
Spider Web Facts
- Spider silk is about five times powerful than steel of the same weight.
- The Spiders eat their webs to recycle them.
- Spiders can tune the strings in their webs to transmit specific messages.
- Spiders can get high and build different kinds of webs while on weed, caffeine, mescaline, and LSD.
Interesting Facts about Spider
- The last time somebody died from a spider bite in Australia was in 1981.
- The Stegodyphus lineatus desert spider feeds her babies by vomiting up her guts.
- In western Iran, there’s a viper with a fake spider for a tail.
- Spiders, lobsters, and snails have blue blood due to the presence of hemocyanin which contains copper.
- Spiders can survive for hours under the water by entering a self-induced coma.
Did You Know? Cockroaches get lonely and also become ill if they are left alone for too long. For Cockroach Facts click here.
Unknown Spider Facts
- 95% of the spiders in your house has never been outside.
- Spiders are scared of ants due to the formic acid they contain.
- The brains of some small spiders overflow into their legs.
- Male wolf spiders will involve in threesomes during mating season to increase their possibilities of escaping cannibalism.
- Research shows that if you’re afraid of spiders, you’re more likely to find one in your bedroom.
For more WTF Facts click here.