Twitter Facts – Facts about Twitter: Twitter has many interesting facts. These are very surprising when you go through each and every fact. Twitter facts teach us much technological information as well.
- 350,000 Tweets are being sent every minute.
- Twitter has around 310 million monthly active users, almost the same as that of the U.S. population.
- “Friendstalker” was one of the first name considered for Twitter.
- The FBI has a Twitter slang dictionary.
- The official Twitter account of @Sweden is given to a random citizen every week for them to manage.
- A Fake tweet temporarily wiped out US$130 billion off the stock market, in 2013.
- A day’s worth of posts in Twitter would fill a 10-million-page book.
- The Library of Congress is archiving every tweet that is sent by the Americans.
- The CIA reads up to 5 million tweets every day.
- Justin Bieber has more followers than Spain has people on Twitter.
- In 2011, The U.S. Government created a Twitter clone for Cubans.
- The New York Times, Facebook and Twitter have been blocked in China since 2009.
- 44% of registered users on Twitter have never tweeted.
- After Michael Jackson’s death had hit the news, he was mentioned at a rate of 5,000 tweets per minute.
- Twitter’s bird is called Larry.
- In 2011, Twitter users tweeted the equivalent of 8,163 copies of “War and Peace” every day.
- According to the Vatican, you can reduce the time you spend in purgatory by following the pope on Twitter.
- Around 50% of Justin Bieber’s followers on Twitter are fake, a report found.
- There’s a Twitter account that narrates WW2 in “real-time.”
- Twitter bought Vine for US$30 million several months before it was even officially released.
- In April 2013, someone hacked Associated Press’ Twitter account and tweeted that two bombs had exploded at the White House. The stock market crashed within seconds.
- 90% of the world’s Internet Users Don’t Use Twitter.
- In 2012, Venezuela’s President Hugo Chavez rewarded his 3,000,000th Twitter follower, a 19-year old girl, with a new home.
- In his last year, Barack Obama had the most followers on Twitter of any world leader in power, 2016.
- In 2016, a court in Saudi Arabia sentenced a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for asserting his atheism through Twitter posts.
- Twitter is more addictive than cigarettes and alcohol, according to a study.
- A 2016 Twitter hack found that 123456 was the site’s most common password, more than 120,000 people were using it.
- An Olympic gold medal in Rio 2016 gave British athletes an average of just over 9000 extra Twitter followers.
- Tony the Tiger, Kellogg’s Frosties mascot, once asked followers to stop sending him anthropomorphic animal porn via Twitter.
- Twitter has enough money in the bank to run for 412 years with current losses.
- Ellen DeGeneres’ famous Oscar selfie was retweeted 3.3 million times.
The above are the various Twitter facts.
For similar facts like Twitter Facts: