YouTube Facts – Interesting Facts about YouTube: YouTube is the second largest search engine with many interesting facts in it. The trends and stats keep on varying in the day to day life. Below are the list of YouTube facts:
YouTube Facts and Stats:
- Each minute, more than about 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube.
- The First YouTube Video was uploaded on April 23, 2005, featuring its co-founder Jawed Karim at the San Diego Zoo.
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of all people on the Internet.
- You can navigate YouTube in more than 75 different languages, covering 95% of the Internet population.
- The second largest search engine is YouTube, right after Google. It’s bigger than Bing, Yahoo!, and Ask combined.
- 60% of YouTube’s 1,000 most popular videos are blocked in Germany.
- YouTube was founded by three former employees of PayPal.
- Google bought YouTube for US$1.65 billion in stocks just 18 months after YouTube’s creation.
- The woman who lent her garage to Sergey Brin and Larry Page in 1998 when they were creating Google later became the CEO of YouTube.
- YouTube’s early headquarters were situated above a pizzeria and Japanese restaurant in San Mateo, California.
- Music video ‘Gangnam Style’ was so popular, it broke YouTube’s view counter, which had to be upgraded.
- YouTube has a production space located in Los Angeles that is free to use if you have 10,000 subscribers.
- Anne Frank is on YouTube. She was captured on film while leaning out of her window to get a good look of a wedding.
- The oldest video of cats on YouTube dates from 1894.
- YouTube star The Grumpy Cat earned more money than the Oscar-Winning Actress Gwyneth Paltrow in 2014.
Youtube WTF Facts:
- If you search “Do the Harlem Shake” on YouTube, the page itself will do a Harlem shake for you. See the video below
- The most disliked video on YouTube is Justin Bieber’s “Baby,” with more than 4,400,000 dislikes.
- YouTube’s top ten highest-earning channels made anywhere from US$2.5 million to around US$12 million in 2015.
- At YouTube’s headquarters, employees can either take the stairs, elevator or a big slide.
- The most searched term on YouTube is “How to Kiss.”
- Family Guy once used footage from 9-year-old YouTube video in one of its episodes without permission from the owner. The owner’s original clip was then removed from Youtube for copyright infringement.
For similar facts: